Java Plug-In installation for Netscape 7.1

palemoon palemoon at jingkotech.org
Sat Aug 2 14:53:30 PDT 2003

Hello:

I have Netscape 7.1 installed in /compat/linux/usr/local/netscape, and
linux-sun-jdk1.4.1 installed in /usr/local.  I have libjavaplugin_oji.so
from /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns610 symbolically
linked to /compat/linux/usr/local/netscape/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so.

But attempting to load an applet still brings up a dialog box with this
message:

"This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can
only be viewed with the appropriate Plug-in."

What is the best way to install the Java plug-in with this setup?

I am running FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE.

Any help on this will be appreciated.