Other architectures?

Alexey Zelkin phantom at FreeBSD.org.ua
Tue Apr 15 05:04:25 PDT 2003

hi,

[Sorry, picked latest letter in thread to answer original question]

Most notable problem for porting of HotSpot to any other architectures
is 'cpu dependent part'.  I don't think that I have enough skills to
even write something alternative to Sun's i386 CPU dependent part
implementation without complete docs (which are unavailable) and
considerable amount of time, not to mention other arches.

Sun implemented HotSpot on i486, sparc and ia64.  So, it's possible
someday to see native jdk ports on sparc64 and ia64, but it will
very depend on availbility of time and hardware here :-(