Error during port build

Richard Tobin richard at cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 16:34:18 PDT 2003

While building the jdk14 port, I got the following error message shortly
before the end:

  /usr/bin/tar: argument list too long

Unfortunately I didn't manage to grab much of the context before it
scrolled away, but the immediately preceding lines were

   (cd  /spare3/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/j2sdk-image/src; /usr/bin/tar xf -); \
   done

And it was followed by a bunch of messages

   find: java/applet: No such file or directory
   find: java/awt: No such file or directory
   find: java/beans: No such file or directory
   find: java/math: No such file or directory

The build and install continued and as far as I can see it all works,
but I'm worried something is missing.

-- Richard