Building native JDK 1.4.1

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Tue Apr 8 06:46:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 03:41:21PM +0100, Markus Svensson wrote:
> I'm sorry if this question has already been answered a gazillion times...
>
> What steps need to be taken when building the native JDK? I've donloaded the source from Sun, and patchset 3 from the FreeBSD Java web site. I run a 5.0-R system, downloaded on release, and not rebuilt since. Do I need to make world or upgrade any ports in order to build the JDK?

AFAIK you must upgrade your system to 5-CURRENT February 2003
or better before build jdk1.4.
Just put donloaded sources into the ports/distfiles directory and
# cd ports/java/jdk14 && make check-os.

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL