check_dhcp

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Fri Jul 25 04:19:55 UTC 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, Glen Barber wrote:

> I think dhclient still will not work though, since it is set as 'nojail'
> in /etc/rc.d/dhclient rc script.

To be clear, what worked was running /sbin/dhclient, not the rc script.
It requests and gets a lease, but does not manage to assign the address
to the jail's interface.

> Does /var/run/dhclient* stuff exist in the jail, with valid entries?

It does create a pid file, and a dhclient.leases file in /var/db/.  But
the lease address is not assigned.

> I suspect no, and if yes, I would argue this is a bug that it does.

It runs, but toothlessly, which seems about right. :)