Jail vnet features

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Sat Jul 12 01:07:35 UTC 2014

wishmaster wrote:

> [...]

Oh ya, host panic on boot is another common happing with vimage and
firewall ipf and pf trying to run inside of a vnet jail and on the host
at the same time.

Many people DO consider any kind of memory leak in kernel software such
as vimage is a really big show stopper for not using it in a production
system.

If you read a little bit closer the previous post you will see it's
talking about firewall running inside of a vnet/vimage jail. It doesn't
  say anything about running a host firewall directing traffic to a ip
number assigned to a vnet jail.

Here is a list of some of the vnet outstanding PR's

143808, 147950, 148155, 152148, 160496, 160541, 161094, 164763, 165252,
176112, 176929, 178480, 178482, 179264, 182350, 185092, 188010, 191468

vnet/vimage is experimental and should never be used in a production
system and be exposed to the public network. It is not a secure software
configuration. Sure you can disregard all warnings and common sense and
risk your host system, thats your choice.