ezjail and UPDATING20131010

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Sat Oct 12 00:29:55 UTC 2013

Kenta Suzumoto wrote:
> Hi there. I updated to 10-STABLE after it was branched and suddenly none
> of my [ez]jails will start. Does it have anything to do with the entry in UPDATING?
> What's the best way to solve it?

The jail rc.script environment in 10.0 has been patched to convert all
the jail rc.conf parameters to the new jail(8) format and then exec
jail(8). This is in preparation for depreciating the jail.conf jail
parameters.

ezjail uses the rc.conf jail parameters and needs to be updated to use
the native jail(8) parameters. Until that gets done ezjail only works
with 9.2 and older versions of FreeBSD. The qjail utility uses the
native jail(8) parameters right now. Give it a try.