starting apache22 in a jail - name-based shared memory failure

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Jun 25 00:58:08 UTC 2013

"Julian H. Stacey" wrote Sat, 22 Jun 2013 03:11:00 +0200
> Hi, Reference:
> > From:		Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik at gmail.com>
> > Date:		Sat, 22 Jun 2013 02:45:13 +0200
> Mateusz Guzik wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 02:35:14AM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > Any ideas ?
> > > I have a jail running 9.1-RELEASE in a jail, with a kernel as
> > > shown by uname -a
> > > 	FreeBSD land.berklix.org 9.1-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p4
> > > 	#0: Mon Jun 17 11:42:37 UTC 2013
> > > 	root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> > > 	amd64
> > > cd /usr/ports/www/apache22 ; su ; make install ;
> > > cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d # using default httpd.conf
> > > ./apache22 stop ; ./apache22 start
> > > tail -F /var/log/httpd-error.log
> > >   [crit] (78)Function not implemented: unable to create or access scoreboard "/var/run/httpd.scoreboard" (name-based shared memory failure)
> > Can you include truss/ktrace output so that actual syscall is shown?
> > Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
> I'm afraid I have to sleep before I read man truss & ktrace
> & think what options you might want, but meantime I append truss output.
> Really confusingly, with truss its just started working, viz
> 	http://land.berklix.org/
> Despite I tried to install a generic httpd.conf for the truss run.
> Hmm, I'll come back to this tomorrow. Thanks !

I got apache22 repeatably failing & working, by including & excluding
	ScoreBoardFile /var/run/httpd.scoreboard
so as I didnt need ScoreBoardFile anyway, I've commented it out.

	http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/fr/mod/mpm_common.html#scoreboardfile
further up in page talks of chroot, but not exactly in that section.

Thanks also to <cafedjian.g at ovh.fr> for off list sugestion
	Check witch sysctl that security.jail.sysvipc_allowed = 1.
All my httpd hosts (jailed & not) run OK showing 0 for
	sysctl security.jail.sysvipc_allowed
Just the jail host refuses sysctl security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1
But that's no problem, just another sign of in jail.
Thanks Mateusz & cafedjian.g

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".