vnet jails and rc-scripts

Andreas Nilsson andrnils at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:02:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

while trying to set up a couple of vnet jails I ran into some problems:

1. The networking scripts are not run.

2. The firewall script ( ipfw ) is not run.

Both are skipped since they have the nojail keyword. Is the only solution
to remove that keyword to get them running from rc in a jail?

With vnet jails it seems that a lot network related scripts should be
allowed to run. Is there any work being done address this?

Also, what is the sysctl security.jail.param.vnet supposed to tell me?
Running it on the host gives 0
Running it in vnet jail gives 0
Running it in normal jail gives 0
which to me seems counter intuitive, as I would have expected it to be 1 in
the vnet jail.

Best regards
Andreas