state of the art ?

zulu zulu at openvps.biz
Thu Apr 25 05:49:04 UTC 2013

Maybe this is what you need http://sourceforge.net/projects/zjails/ ,
doesn't require any advanced ZFS or VNET knowledge (just a working ZFS
pool and VIMAGE kernel).

VNET is supported and there is a "soft" jail restart option which
prevents the "kern/164763: Memory leak in VNET" issue from appearing.

You can also run non VNET ZFS jails - you can turn on or off VNET by
simply executing "zjail set vnet=off/on myjailname" then restarting
the jail with "zjail restart -c myjailname".

On FreeBSD 9.1 amd64, pf inside a jail will cause an immediate kernel
panic once you run pfctl in the jail - IPFW works as already stated by
others.

You can have pf enabled on the host however and have IPFW firewall in
jails.

Cheers,

Peter