automatic garbage collection of stuff mounted (etc.) by jailed root

Jamie Gritton jamie at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 22 18:29:45 UTC 2013

On 04/22/13 11:39, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Jamie Gritton wrote:
>> On 04/22/13 03:17, Mateusz Guzik wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Again, the goal is to have jails clean up automatically after anything
>>> jailed root was permitted to do.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> This already happens when jails are created using a jail.conf file. Any
>> mounts there are unmounted as part of the jail removal process. Just
>> recently I fixed it to properly do this unmounting in reverse order.
>
> Do you mean mounts defined in jail.conf or all mounts manually done by
> root user in jail?
>
> Miroslav Lachman

Ah, I see the difference. Yes, that's only for mounts in the jail.conf.
For mounts done by the jail itself, I guess we would go off the mount
record's credential. So is this something you expect to be happening
entirely in the kernel?

- Jamie