kern/165769: [rc][jai][ipv6] IPv6 Initialization on external iface is too slow for jail

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 12 12:21:05 UTC 2012

On 12. Mar 2012, at 12:01 , Oleg Ginzburg wrote:

> Здравствуйте,
>
> On Monday 12 March 2012 15:27:32 bz at freebsd.org wrote:
>> This has nothing to do with jails, just with interfaces, possibly
>> switch ports and spanning tree.
>
> /etc/rc.d/netwait the script concerns only in a case "complete"-type jail, not
> for "service"-type as is written in my example

I don't see a difference but I see what you mean with "on start" which I treated
as "on boot".  The answer unfortunately is - DAD is not supposed to take that
long that it would matter, so the NIC drivers are probably silly or are required
to do silly things.  I wonder if you might even see a DOWN/UP cycle.

The workaround you can apply is to use the prestart option to the jail to add that
sleep 1 you need and let the startup script configure the IP addresses for you.
See jail_exec_prestart<n> in man 5 rc.conf.

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!