VNET

Anders Hagman anders.hagman at netplex.se
Thu Jun 21 15:03:12 UTC 2012

Hi

20 jun 2012 kl. 19:51 skrev Sami Halabi:

> Thank you.
>
> I want to use vnet jail for a specific subnet that I need to seperate from
> the system.

If you want total separation from the main system you need vnet jail to be able
to have a separate routing table and default gateway.

> so basicly i create a vlan + a bridged interface to the public.

You don't need to create a bridge, just create a vlan interface and move it to the jail.

> these two (vlan+bridged interface- epair0a) will in in the vnet jail, so I
> can do NAT only for that vlan going out.
> This is the idea, as there are more interfaces in the system and there is
> only one interface out…

I do this to be able to use the same hardware for inside server and DMZ server.
Have been working for two month without any problem.