Jails on FreeBSD 9.0

Herbert J. Skuhra h.skuhra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:59:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

although I've followed the instructions in jail(8) and jail.conf(5) I
cannot manage to setup jails on FreeBSD 9.0 STABLE (r238334).

The symptons:

* ssh'ing to jail works, but it takes about 20 seconds until password
  prompt appears
* netstat -r in the jail takes about 150 seconds to finish
* connections to the internet time out; with tcpdump I see that
  packets leave and enter the public interface on the host, but never
  reach the jail

I use lo1 interface and ip address 192.168.1.1/24 for the jail. Public
interface is fxp0 with both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address assigned.
Of course, nat is enable via pf on the public interface.

I have no issues setting up this jail on FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE.

Thanks,
Herbert