jails

Łukasz Wąsikowski lukasz at wasikowski.net
Tue Jan 31 14:38:54 UTC 2012

W dniu 2012-01-31 13:37, Bender, Chris pisze:

> Also I found many fstab files in etc for the system
>
> fstab.tools2
>
> /usr/jails/basejail /usr/jails/tools2/basejail nullfs ro 0 0
>
> what is this for?

ezjail mounts basejail (basesystem) in every jail using nullfs. This way
updates are easier, as you just update basejail (man ezjail-admin,
update section). Every jail may have /etc/fstab.jailname file which
allows you to mount ie. NFS shares.

I can try to help you, but first of all you need to show me output of
those commands:

uname -rsp
jls
grep -Ev "^#|^$" /usr/local/etc/ezjail.conf
grep -Ev "^#|^$" /usr/local/etc/ezjail/tools2

You don't need jail_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf if you're using ezjail.
Make sure your /etc/rc.conf file contains this line:

ezjail_enable="YES"

and start jails (using ezjail) by running:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh start

Were there any errors?

--
best regards,