Instability with VIMAGE

Alex alex323 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 02:54:19 UTC 2012

Hello. I am running FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE, and I am having many
instability issues. Starting a jail and adding an epair works fine
(sort of), but if I were to walk away and come back a few hours later,
the server would be offline and I would need to have someone locally
reboot it. In response, I removed SCTP from the kernel to see if that
would alleviate the problems, but it did not. I tried to terminate a
jail via `jail -r <name>', but I received this message:

mybox# 30 second watchdog timeout expired. Shutdown terminated.
Tue Jan 31 05:46:47 UTC 2012
Write failed: Broken pipe

...and at this point I would need someone to reboot the server.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I avoid using VIMAGE due to its
inherent instability? Would you like me to post the crash details?

Thank you.

--
Alex