Fwd: X11 in a jail (was: Re: NFS mount inside jail fails)

Fri May 27 07:43:26 UTC 2011

Quoting Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko at ambrisko.com> (from Thu, 26 May 2011
10:36:24 -0700 (PDT)):

> Alexander Leidinger writes:

> | Just to make sure we talk about the same things:
> | Did you configure the X server to use 3D (dri and glx in the modules
> | section, dri section in the X11 config, dri device visible in devfs)?
> | xdriinfo shows some valid hardware acceleration?

> a part of Xorg.log
>   (WW) intel(0): DRI2 requires UXA
>   drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>   drmOpenDevice: open result is 10, (OK)
>   drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>   drmOpenDevice: open result is 10, (OK)
>   drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:02.0
>   drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>   drmOpenDevice: open result is 10, (OK)
>   drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 10
>   drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:00:02.0
>   (II) [drm] DRM interface version 1.2
>   (II) [drm] DRM open master succeeded.

>   (II) intel(0): [dri] visual configs initialized

That's the first time I see 3D enabled in a jail with my patch. I
definitively need to get some time to try it with my radeon again.

Any opinions here on jail@ about committing the kernel part (not the
rc.d part) of the patch?
   http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/0_jail.diff

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Staff meeting in the conference room in 3 minutes.