starting jails hangs during boot

Mars G Miro spry at anarchy.in.the.ph
Sat Apr 23 08:09:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 10:24 AM, J. Hellenthal <jhell at dataix.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 09:34:40AM -0700, Mickey Harvey wrote:
>>When I boot up my host rc hangs at "starting jails:" indefinitely. If i
>>Control^C during the hang boot continues as usual so I login ,run jls and
>>the jail appears to have started correctly. I can login to the jail as usual
>>using "jexec 1 sh". I'm using 8.2-RELEASE i386 on a VirtualBox VM. My rc is
>>set up as follows:

Hi

  I've seen this and from my experience it could be any of these:

   1) disabling dns on sshd (UseDNS no  in /etc/ssh/sshd_config)
   2) don't perform vi housekeeping (virecover_enable="NO" in /etc/rc.conf)
   3) add your jail's fqdn to the jail's /etc/hosts

  Also take a look at your /var/log/jail_<name>.log or the jail's var/log/*

--
cheers
mars