kern/147162: [jail] [panic] Page Fault / Kernel panic when jail starts on boot

Tom.DEWAELE at abvv.be Tom.DEWAELE at abvv.be
Thu Jun 3 19:10:04 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/147162; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: <Tom.DEWAELE at abvv.be>
To: <bz at FreeBSD.org>,
	<bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: RE: kern/147162: [jail] [panic] Page Fault / Kernel panic when jail starts on boot
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:08:44 +0200

 Hi Bjoern,

 I am not using NFS.

 I received an security announcement concerning jails
 (FreeBSD-SA-10:04.jail) which was fixed in 8.0p3.
 That's why I assumed that there were kernel changes for the jail system.
 Then can be a wrongful assumption of my part.

 You can be entirely right that this has nothing the to do with the jail
 system or updating to 8.0p3.
 But this is the first time I ran into this kernel panic.
 It started after my first reboot with the 8.0p3 kernel.
 It panics every time my first jail boots and always due to the ping
 proces.

 I did not change my system between 8.0p2 and 8.0p3.
 No hardware changes/firmware updates or changes to pf.conf or rc.conf.
 I only kept my ports up to date.

 I feel it is linked to 8.0p3 but it might indeed be a net/pf issue.

 Kind regards,
 Tom