jail file and directory permissions

Erich Jenkins, Fuujin Group Ltd erich at fuujingroup.com
Tue Apr 13 18:42:32 UTC 2010

Erich Jenkins, Fuujin Group Ltd wrote:
> Greg Larkin wrote:
>>
>> Erich Jenkins, Fuujin Group Ltd wrote:
>>> Kalle Møller wrote:
>>> <snip>

<snip>

> Since this was a buildworld copied via NFS from a build environment, it
> appears that something has gone terribly wrong during the build. I'm
> going to wipe this machine and do a completely fresh install of 7.0-REL,
> buildworld, and set up a jail to see if something did indeed break, or
> if this is an actual bug.
>
> Thank you very much to everyone who's responded to this issue. Your
> input has been instrumental in helping troubleshoot this. I'll post as
> soon as the build completes and I have a chance to test this tonight.
>
> Erich M. Jenkins
> Fuujin Group Limited
>
> "You should never, never doubt what no one is sure about."
> -- Gene Wilder

All:

After a fresh buildworld on this box, I am no longer seeing this user
permissions issue, which leads me to believe something is very very
wrong with the way it was built on the build server for the cluster. If
anyone would like, I'll tar up the build environment and put it
somewhere it can be accessed, assuming someone has the time/inclination
to sift through it and see what happened. I spent a few hours this
morning going through it and can't find anything out of the ordinary,
but most of the inner working of jails is a "black box" to me.

Thank you for all the feedback. I'm setting up the new build environment
for the cluster to fix this issue for deployed systems.