xorg in jail

Sun Oct 11 15:35:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:14:26 +0200 Kevin Smith <kerbzo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this patch fix vnc server start error also ?

I don't know. The patch allows access to /dev/io. Normally this is not
possible, even if /dev/io is visible in the jail, as the kernel
disallows all access to it from a jail.

> When I try to run tightvncserver in a jail it says:
>
> A VNC server is already running as :0

I wouldn't expect that a VNC server needs access to /dev/io, so I
would be surprised if this would help.

> even if there is no vnc server running.

You could start it via "ktrace -i tightvncserver" and when it abortet
you can have a look with kdump|less what it tries to do.

Bye,
Alexander.