AW: AW: Problem with Apache in Jail

Scheithauer, Lars (FH) Lars.Scheithauer at fh-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 20 06:49:37 UTC 2009

Hi Bastien,

I've set up the jail after this guide[1] of the FreeBSD handbook.

A firewall is not active (yet), since I first wanted the jail to work.

If I telnet to the server from the inside (DNS and IP), I can get a valid response. If I telnet to the servers ip from the outside, too. However, as soon as I try to get the files of a specific hostname, I get a timeout (more specifically, I can connect to the server, but it won't give any single packet back, according to wireshark).

I don't get the problem and honestly don't know where to look anymore. If it would be an apache config problem, it should not work from the inside, too. If it's a jail problem, I don't know what else to activate (even tried to allow raw sockets). The problem is also persistent with the apache20-installation.

For the logfiles: I do get an entry, if I get something back from the server. If I don't get anything back from the server, I don't get an entry.

Best regards,
Lars

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails-application.html