ssl accelerator cards and jail?

Brian A. Seklecki seklecki at noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us
Fri Jul 24 16:18:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 16:45 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> has anyone done any work with hardware ssl accelerator cards and freebsd?

I'm pretty sure.  Because it is a;; one kernel, the userland->kernel
sysctls just fall through to the host.

I've been meaning to try the VMWare ESXi 4.0 PCI card passthrough
feature.

Let me pass my Sun Crypto 1000 (BCM5921/23) through to a Jailhost
FreeBSD 7.2, then try it within a jail.  Should be quite a head trip.

 ~BAS