ssl accelerator cards and jail?

Michael Scheidell scheidell at secnap.net
Fri Jul 24 16:11:13 UTC 2009

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 16:45 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>
>> has anyone done any work with hardware ssl accelerator cards and freebsd?
>>

> I'm pretty sure.  Because it is a;; one kernel, the userland->kernel
> sysctls just fall through to the host.
>
> I've been meaning to try the VMWare ESXi 4.0 PCI card passthrough
> feature.
>
> Let me pass my Sun Crypto 1000 (BCM5921/23) through to a Jailhost
> FreeBSD 7.2, then try it within a jail.  Should be quite a head trip.

thanks.  maybe I'll look into one of those and give it a try on 7.1
(worries me that 7.2 has a shorted lifespan than 7.1...)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best Anti-Spam Product 2008, Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008