spamd inside jail.

Peter Ankerstål peter at pean.org
Wed Apr 1 03:50:47 PDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 12:46 PM, Redd Vinylene wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Peter Ankerstål <peter at pean.org>
> wrote:
> I cant start spamd inside my new jails running 7.2-PRERELEASE.
>
> [3679] warn: server socket setup failed, retry 1: spamd: could not
> create INET socket on ip:783: Can't assign requested address
> [3679] warn: server socket setup failed, retry 2: spamd: could not
> create INET socket on ip:783: Can't assign requested address
> [3679] error: spamd: could not create INET socket on ip:783: Can't
> assign requested address
> spamd: could not create INET socket on ip:783: Can't assign
> requested address
>
> running on
> FreeBSD new.machine.tld 7.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE #2:
> Tue Mar 24 00:06:58 UTC 2009     peter@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/
> SAMURAI  amd64
>
> But on
> FreeBSD old.machine.tld 7.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE #1:
> Sat Mar 28 15:30:25 CET 2009     peter@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NINJA
> amd64
>
> everything still works fine.
>
> other programs can bind to adresses and so on but not spamd.
>
> I tried to write something like this: http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=416119
> but with tcp and port 783, not warnings or error messages. Do you
> think this is
> a jail-issue or a spamd issue?
>
> I have tried to config spamd to bind to alot of different addresses
> with same result
> 0.0.0.0, 127.0.0.1, the jails ip and so on.
>
> --
> Peter Ankerstål
> peter at pean.org
> http://www.pean.org/
>

> For what it's worth, other than taking up a lot of resources, spamd
> will hardly stop any spam.
>
> --
> http://www.home.no/reddvinylene
I dont know if I was clear about that Im using p5-Mail-Spamassasin.

But if you have any pointers what I should use instead I would be very
happy.
Maybe even a guide? :)

It needs to be something simple. Not a large mysql-database and admin-
interface.
Jast a daemon that postfix could use to check for spam.

Thanks!
--
Peter Ankerstål
peter at pean.org