samba inside jails [was: jail/broadcast IP [was: ...]]

Thu Oct 16 07:41:18 UTC 2008

Quoting Nejc Skoberne <nejc at skoberne.net> (from Thu, 16 Oct 2008
00:03:53 +0200):

> Hello,
>
>> I have samba running in a jail (8-current from a month or two ago, no
>> multi-IP patch). No problems here.
>
> I haven't tried 8-CURRENT, though.
>
>> I use it with network drives, so I'm not sure about broadcasts...
>
> Do you use WINS server on Windows hosts or not?

The only windows systems which use this are lone warriors (laptops).
They get an IP and DNS via DHCP from an unix box. There's no Windows
domain or any other Windows setup there, just the samba server. Samba
is configured with
    wins support = yes
    dns proxy = no

Bye,
Alexander.

--
	"Your son still sliding down the banisters?"
	"We wound barbed wire around them."