Wildcard IP (INADDR_ANY) should not bind inside a jail [was: Re: Jail resource limits]

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun May 25 20:12:49 UTC 2008

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 23 May 2008, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> The person to talk to about implementation/integrations/coordination
>>> might be me.
>>

>> As I am searching for and adding some more patches to the
>> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jails, I found "Wildcard IP (INADDR_ANY)
>> should not bind inside a jail". The PR
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=84215 is from year 2005
>> with patch for FreeBSD 6.x and as you have already hands on
>> "Multi-IPv4/v6/no-IP jails", can you take a look at this patch and try
>> to incorporate it in to you work for FreeBSD 7.x / 8.x?
>

> If you look more closely you'll find a bunch of jail patches in PRs. I
> intend to deal with all of them once I am done, but not before.
> There are several reasons for this.
>
> I checked the list a few weeks ago.

I am aware of all PRs from problem reports assigned to
freebsd-jail at FreeBSD.org and few others and I will add them to the wiki
page later as time permits.
I am not trying to make any pressure to you or somebody else but PR
database is not always including informations if somebody is working on
it etc. I just ask you, if you have some plans / if you know about this
PR. And your answer is positive. ;)

It would be nice, if you (and other developers too) can publish more
informations about "what is in progress" to this list, so I can put it
on the page, update status of patches or items on the list of ideas.

And thank you for your work!

Miroslav Lachman