Wildcard IP (INADDR_ANY) should not bind inside a jail [was: Re: Jail resource limits]

Frank Behrens frank at pinky.sax.de
Sun May 25 18:39:01 UTC 2008

Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz> wrote on 25 May 2008 19:55:
> As I am searching for and adding some more patches to the
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jails, I found "Wildcard IP (INADDR_ANY) should
> not bind inside a jail". The PR
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=84215 is from year 2005 with
> patch for FreeBSD 6.x and as you have already hands on
> "Multi-IPv4/v6/no-IP jails", can you take a look at this patch and try
> to incorporate it in to you work for FreeBSD 7.x / 8.x?

I'm the author of the mentioned patch/PR. Meanwhile I'm testing Bjoern's multi jail patch on
FreeBSD-7 and I can confirm, that the functionality is already included. When the multi jail
patch is committed this PR should be closed with state "resolved".

BTW, Bjoern's patch works very well.

Regards,
    Frank
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.