ezrjail script for very simple jail maintenance

Jon Passki jon.passki at hursk.com
Mon Mar 24 09:44:51 PDT 2008

Hey All,

I have posted a pretty basic script [1] that might fit a niche between
the venerable ezjail framework and just editing /etc/rc.conf and
friends to manage jails.  It's goal is not to replace ezjail (even
though I played on their name a bit :-) at all.  I don't use ezjail
since I have some exotic needs during my installs and deinstalls.  I
did need something, though, that did at least the boring job of
creating and editing jail-related rc.conf files.  The script utilizes
the /etc/rc.d/jail and rc.d in general framework.  I use it on our
6.3-RELEASE systems with success.

If you want to give it a spin, download the tarball [2], unpack, and
read the INSTALL doc.  If you want to install all the other scripts,
cd into ports/ and `make makesum; make install`.  Otherwise, cp-foo
the scripts to where you think they should be and edit away.
Otherwise, feel free to just read up on it [3].

All feedback appreciated!

[1] http://code.google.com/p/hursk-freebsd-sysutils/source/browse/trunk/ezrjail
[2] http://hursk-freebsd-sysutils.googlecode.com/files/hursk-freebsd-sysutils-1.0.2.tar.bz2
[3] http://code.google.com/p/hursk-freebsd-sysutils/wiki/ezrjail

--
Cheers,

Jon Passki, Partner
The Hursk Group, LLC

"Obvia conspicimus, nubem pellente Mathesi."

e: jon.passki at hursk.com
ph: 651/222.3020
cal: http://www.google.com/calendar/hosted/hursk.com/embed?src=jon.passki%40hursk.com
pgp: 1BB0 A946 927B 93C3 ED6A 0466 6692 6C2C 84BE 4122