Memory limits on 7.0

Christopher Thunes c2thunes at brewtab.com
Tue Jun 24 21:56:33 UTC 2008

Hey everyone,
   I spent some time working on getting cdjones' memory limit patches
updated for 7.0 and beyond and thought I'd post my progress. I've
attached my current patch which implements memory limits on 7.0-RELEASE,
but only for the older (and default in -RELEASE) bsd4 scheduler (won't
work at all on ULE). I haven't yet started work for ULE or getting CPU
sharing working. This patch also includes fixes for problems in the
original cdjones patches. If you want to give it a whirl it should apply
cleanly to a 7.0-RELEASE source tree and if you run into any issues let
me know.

- Chris