FreeBSD-7.0 MULTIPLE-IPs

Isaac Levy ike at lesmuug.org
Tue Jun 3 09:26:00 UTC 2008

Hello Alexus,

I haven't been very close to this lately, so I may be stepping out of
turn- but there's one big reason: The Virtual IP stack implementation
underway (separate from the jail mechanism, but of course, QUITE
perfect for jailing uses).

I first learned Marko Zec's work on the virtual IP stack at EuroBSDCon
2007:
http://2007.eurobsdcon.org/tutorial-virtualized-network-stack.html

However, Bjoern Zeeb has resumed a jail-specific multi-ip
implimentation- the current status seems to be updated soemwhat
frequently here (yay!):
http://wiki.freebsd.org/Jails#head-27743b977485318e421b24962498cf007f70dacf

"The multi-IPv4/v6 jails project was resumed in early January after
previous work had been abandoned in 2006.
As an alternate solution to full network stack virtualization, this
work shall provide a lightweight solution for multi-IP virtualization.
Perforce
based on FreeBSD 7.x?/8.x"

Sadly for you however, at the time of this writing, it seems the 7.x
patches are 'in progress'.

--
To answer the dragonfly jail patch question- Dragonfly is a fork of
the 4.x FreeBSD code, and with that, is now extremely different from

Hope that answers your question or provides some direction, even if
the answer doesn't meet your needs.

Best,
.ike