Hierarchical jails - any current work?

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed Sep 19 13:28:42 PDT 2007

James Gritton wrote:
>> please please please familiarise yourself with the Vimage code that
>> Marko Zec is working on.
>
> This is the stuff at http://imunes.tel.fer.hr/virtnet/, right?  I take
> it that's the definitive place to go.  I recall having looked at that
> before, and I guess I was thrown off by the "net work virtualization"
> title and didn't know it was to be a general jail replacement.  So sure,
> I'll give that a thorough study and see what I can do with it.  I still
> hope I can contribute and not just have bothered you all to just end up
> being another user :-).
>
> - Jamie

Network virualisation is one part of the job.. it uses jail code
to provide other separation, but it would be good if
the connections were more 'formal'.

We should have an official architecture for this sort of thing.

Marco has said that one of the things that needs to be done is
to spend time integrating it better with the other (read jail)
virtualisation code..  That could be your name I hear being called :-)