User Quota inside jail?

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Oct 25 06:11:33 PDT 2007

> Hello Group,
>
> I'm wondering if I can set quota inside a jail for user in it.
>
> For example:
>
> jail root: /usr/jails/testjail - this is a separate partition mounted
> with quota support
>
> in the jail I have user:  testuser
>
> I want to set a quota 1G for him in his home -
> /usr/jails/testjail/home/testuser
>
> is this possible?
> I was thinking of making edquota from outside the jail and setting it
> from there...
> but I got error the uid dosen't exists....
>
> any ideas?
> is someone did this?
> I've tryed a search in the lists, but this list is not in the search
> list....

I almost got this working in the 4.X days.  I have no idea if it's
easier or harder to do in 6.X, or even possible.

The trick is that all the quota stuff has to be managed from the host
system.  The jail is simply a victim of the quotas.  It means you
have to have all the jail users replicated on the host, and the
quotas configured on the host.

Unfortunately, I don't remember any of the gory details.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran at collaborativefusion.com