"Online" Updating of OpenSSL

khatfield at socllc.net khatfield at socllc.net
Thu Jun 12 17:46:45 UTC 2014

There are a few ways to do it and I'm certain there is an easier method than what I'm recommending. However, you can use portmaster, for example. You could also use this wrapper script:

http://www.charlieroot.de/bsd/pkg_depends.pl

With no arguments you're going to pull everything. I would recommend looking at running services and using this script to view the dependencies per service package.

Ensuring that (of course) restart all services with open ports after the upgrade. (Web/email/ssh/etc)

Best of luck