I've fubar-ed something

Shannon Wheeler swheeler at mcmurraycomputer.com
Mon May 3 18:42:10 UTC 2010

Apparently after trying my first beer I had a brilliant idea:

I did a port upgrade:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/ports-using.html
(section 4.5.4.2)

on a production system...

It's a fbsd 6.2, running sendmail, dovecot, apache basically.
I wanted to install Drupal 6 but it gave an error about needing lib2.2.

Now, the problem is:
I can receive mail with a pop3 client, but if that client deletes the mail,
it will receive it again a few minutes later.
I haven't yet figured out whether it's sendmail or dovecot.

The system generally runs long enough between problems that I forget
everything about troubleshooting each time.

any ideas?

Thank you,
Shannon Wheeler