All-in-one Server

Martin Solčiansky martin.solciansky at solko.sk
Wed Feb 10 17:56:47 UTC 2010

----- "Freddie Cash" <fjwcash at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Martin Solčiansky <
> martin.solciansky at solko.sk> wrote:
>
> > ----- "Freddie Cash" <fjwcash at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Albert Shih
> <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr>

> >  >
> > > There is an experimental port available, but it's not part of the
> > > FreeBSD ports tree.  You need to go to the Zimbra Wiki and follow
> the
> > > instructions in there.
> >

> > it is not experimental in terms of stability, it is just not that
> simple as
> > "make install". but everything is stable until someone proves
> otherwise,
> > right? ;)
> >
> > Nice.  I've only been partially following the development of the
> FreeBSD
> port of Zimbra.  Didn't realise you have actually patched the source
> to make
> it work.  Nicely done!!
>
> Here's hoping that the patches are accepted by the Zimbra devs, and
> that it
> eventually leads to a real, supported, bless-by-Zimbra port to
> FreeBSD.  :)
>  We can always dream.  :D
>
> Zimbra on ZFS would be so nice.
i promised/offered zimbra i would completely rewrite the ThirdParty build process to make it even more other-than-linux-friendly. sadly, i don't have that much free time as i thought i would have and sadly2, i can't access the source code repository since vmware bought zimbra (that's the reason for nonexistent 6.0.5 patch) :(.

i stopped dreaming long time ago:
solko@[zmail /home/solko] # zfs list | grep zimbra
zfs/zimbra                  27.1G   857G  13.8G  /opt/zimbra
zfs/zimbra/index             295M   857G   295M  /opt/zimbra/index
zfs/zimbra/store            13.0G   857G  13.0G  /opt/zimbra/store
zfs/zimbrasrc               14.9G   857G  14.9G  /home/public/p4

i will be migrating whole university to zimbra this month.

kind regards,

s.