Wireless + lagg + lacp

Paulo Fragoso paulo at nlink.com.br
Thu Apr 1 20:14:07 UTC 2010

Em 01/04/2010 16:10, Tom Judge escreveu:

> Paulo Fragoso wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> In that handbook there are examples with wireless cards for failover
>> only, nothing for get more bandwith with two or more wireless links.
>>
>> I am tring to do this:
>>
>> -----------------                ----------------
>> |          wlan0|<-------------->|wlan0         |
>> |  Router A     |                |     Router B |
>> |          wlan1|<-------------->|wlan1         |

I have a similar configuration with two wireless links using RouterOS
(Mikrotik) running at routers and netstream-dual option, in this case
link  1 only transport data from router A to B and link 2 transports
data from router B to A (L2), creating a real full-duplex wireless
connection between router A and B.

I am thinking to make something better then netstream-dual, using lagg
interface with lacp protocol to get more throughput when transporting
data from router A to B.

I will try to do something like full-duplex by now with two wireless
links using statics routes (L3), so all data from A to B pass through
link 1 and all data from B to A pass through link 2.

I would like to do balanced traffic across the two wireless links with
the greatest total speed from A to B. Reading man lagg I can do this,
but I didn't have success.

Paulo.