Questions on clustered FS + NFS

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Mon May 11 11:30:37 UTC 2009

Joel Jans ha scritto:
> Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
>> I'd love to put all my storage on a clustered NFS (with a ridondant
>> iSCSI controller and storage), FreeBSD based of course, but I see
>> there is not any clustered FS on FreeBSD.
>>
>> So, the solution seems to run a couple of GFS or OCFS2 on some Linux
>> servers, more some NFS servers handled by heartbeat.
>>
>> Is there any FreeBSD solution I could adopt?
>>

> Glusterfs, http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS
> http://www.freebsdwiki.net/index.php/GlusterFS
>
> Joel Jans

GlusterFS looks to be a distribuited FS.
What I need is to have two/three servers which are mounting in
read/write exactly the same storage (an external iSCSI subsystem),
exactly like wonderful old VMS did, or like GFS or OCFS2 seems to do now.
Both servers must mount the same iSCSI partitions, so they work on the
same data.

Tonino

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it