Periodontal Disease: Silent and Deadly

Dr. Julian H. Zhitnitsky drz at dentistsherwood.com
Fri May 8 12:26:33 UTC 2009

Greetings from Dr. Julian H. Zhitnitsky!

Periodontal Disease: Silent and Deadly

Periodontal disease can go on for years without pain and without detection unless specific examination procedures are performed. Visual oral examination by itself (even by a dentist) will not reliably detect periodontal disease until it has reached an advanced stage.

Early detection and adequate diagnosis require measurement of pockets (the crevice between the tooth and gum) with a periodontal probe. Effective prevention and treatment is available, but the damage caused as the disease progresses is irreversible.

Early detection and treatment is critical to prevent tooth loss and disfigurement. Although the procedure is simple, painless and requires only a few minutes, millions of American adults have never had it done.

Signs of periodontal disease include bleeding gums, redness of gum tissue, swelling of gums around the teeth, breath odor, receding gums, mobility of teeth.

If you have questions regarding periodontal disease, please call our office at (818)785-8388 or email us at drz at dentistsherwood.com today.

Best Regards,
Dr. Julian H. Zhitnitsky

P.S. If you have any friends or family members who you feel could use our services, please don't hesitate to have them call us. We'll be sure to take good care of them.