rate limiting mail server

Trey Briggs tbriggs at apid.com
Mon Feb 23 22:07:10 PST 2009

I'm currently using a postfix-policyd-sf with an
'smtpd_restriction_classes' line setup in postfix to catch outbound
traffic. I limit users to 250 outbound messages an hour, if this is hit
3 times, I block the IP for 12 hours. This has kept our servers off of
all blacklists for 6 months now, and only incurred the wrath of a small
handful of our customers :) .

-Trey