PF + ALTQ - Bandwidth per customer

Ermal Luçi eri at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 13 07:12:06 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So I would like to hear some ideas on how we could use FreeBSD or any other BSD
>>> to limit bandwidth per customer( say one customer (with root access)
>>> per server )
>>>
>> There was not much to report at that point.   However, pfSense 2.0 has
>> per user bandwidth ported from DragonFlyBSD.  If you would like to
>> test the patch, it is located here:
>> http://cvs.pfsense.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tools/patches/RELENG_7_1/fairq.RELENG_7.diff?rev=1.3;content-type=text%2Fplain
>

> Does any one know if there are plans to merge dragonfly's fairq into
> FreeBSD -CURRENT?
>
> Matt, made it sound like Max was thinking about putting it in FreeBSD here:
> http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=dfbsd-kernel&a=2008-04&m=6979148

http://snapshots.pfsense.org/FreeBSD7/HEAD/
has images of pfSense based on FreeBSD7 which have ALTQ_FAIRQ/dummynet for pf.

If you want to go the hard way of using patches i have explained it in
another thread on the freebsd-pf list on how to get the single patches
from pfSense repository. They are for FreeBSD 7 as of now.

> also does anyone happen to have a patch to apply NetBSD's Window scale
> to FreeBSD?

-
Ermal