PF + ALTQ - Bandwidth per customer

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 04:23:46 PST 2009

>> So I would like to hear some ideas on how we could use FreeBSD or any other BSD
>> to limit bandwidth per customer( say one customer (with root access)
>> per server )
>>
> There was not much to report at that point.   However, pfSense 2.0 has
> per user bandwidth ported from DragonFlyBSD.  If you would like to
> test the patch, it is located here:
> http://cvs.pfsense.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/tools/patches/RELENG_7_1/fairq.RELENG_7.diff?rev=1.3;content-type=text%2Fplain

Does any one know if there are plans to merge dragonfly's fairq into
FreeBSD -CURRENT?

Matt, made it sound like Max was thinking about putting it in FreeBSD here:
http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=dfbsd-kernel&a=2008-04&m=6979148

also does anyone happen to have a patch to apply NetBSD's Window scale
to FreeBSD?

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks