IPv6

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Apr 15 05:35:05 UTC 2009

Thankfully, I have a couple of feeds that I announce my IPv6 address
space to.

I've been pretty much using v6 for myself, and within the core. I'm now
starting to push it out toward the edge a little further, and want to
get a gauge on what kind of upload I can get from it at this point.

I'm expecting < 1Mbps. Given such, I'm still happy, since I do not have
native access, and rely on a couple of spectacular people who allow me
to BGP peer with them over IPv6IP tunnels.

What I'd like to know is if anyone with v6 access could demonstrate a
crude test of throughput by attempting to download the following file.
The file was created by "mkfile", so it is random garbage.

If you would be so kind as to not bother with this test if you do not
have IPv6, I will be most appreciative. I'm interested in avg Kbps
download rate. The file is 5GB, so cutting it off midstream may be prudent.

http://ibctech.ca/bigfile