Billing for a Wireless Access Service

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 00:56:08 PST 2008

Hello list,

I'd like to setup a wireless access point to share with my neighbors, but
would like to limit them on the volume they can TX. For example, I'd like to
restrict a user to "N" MB such that as soon as this volume is used, the
system denies them any further transfers. This must be accompanied by
authentication, using RADIUS, and a MySQL backend is preferred for the
management.
Now, from my visualization, I can see three areas to work on: The Access
Point, linked to RADIUS to provide authentication. However, I find a
challenge on how to do the accounting and eventual control/restriction of
data volumes.

I am looking for suggestions.

--
Best regards,