Service providers using Quagga

Jorge Evangelista netsecuredata at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 11:33:25 PDT 2007

Quagga is running on Fubra Network. They have a hosting network and
their total traffic is at 42Mbps. They make Peering in the London
INternet eXchange (LINX) with several ISP.

http://www.fubra.com/blog/archive/2007_04_01_archive.html

I heard that some ISPs from the Czech Republic is running quagga in
the backbone.

On 9/14/07, Tom Judge <tom at tomjudge.com> wrote:
> Steve Bertrand wrote:
> > First off, sorry to cross-post, but *isp@ does not see much traffic.
> >
> > I'm wondering if there are any network service providers here that run
> > any of their routing infrastructure within Quagga running on FreeBSD.
> >
> > I'd like to know what software alternatives are deployed out in the
> > field, and how large a shop utilizes such software methods
> > instead/combined with standard hardware router offerings.
> >
> > If this is a relatively common practice out there, what size environment
> > do you run it in, and at what level within your network?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Steve
>
> Hi,
>
> We are not strictly an ISP but we are using FreeBSD+Quagga on our VPN
> routers.  We currently only use the OSPF protocol in Quagga to manage
> redundant fault tollerant VPN links (Currently there are 40 tunnels in
> the backbone managed by quagga+ospf) between 6 sites across the globe.
> We will be testing the interoperability of quagga shortly when we deploy
> Dell layer 3 switches (Running OSPF) as the core switches of our 2
> largest sites.
>
> Tom

"The network is the computer"