Advanced routing option

muhammad usman usmanbsd at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 06:54:46 PDT 2007

Even cisco dont have a that much simple solution for that , you need to use route-map in cisco.

  IPFW forward option can be used as well as PF.

"tonix (Antonio Nati)" <tonix at interazioni.it> wrote:
  I'm using FreeBSD and Monowall in the most of my servers.

One limit I'm facing on both is the lack of an advanced routing feature.

Would be too complicated to modify "route" sources (and probably kernel
tables) implementing a FROM parameter in ADD command?

route add 0.0.0.0/0 210.10.10.1
route add FROM 200.1.1.0/24 0.0.0.0/0 210.10.10.10
route add FROM 200.1.2.0/24 0.0.0.0/0 210.10.11.11

A FROM option would improve a lot routing capabilities and handling of
multiple WAN connections.

Any comment?

Tonino

Inter at zioni Interazioni di Antonio Nati
http://www.interazioni.it tonix at interazioni.it