which web/rrd based performance monitoring program for freebsd ?

Ekkehard Gehm gehm at physik.tu-berlin.de
Tue May 29 15:18:17 UTC 2007

Hi!

On Mon, 28 May 2007, Andreas Klemm wrote something like:

> Hi,
>
> I don't want to re-invent the wheel and am looking for a
> web and rrd based monitoring program for FreeBSD.
>
> Doesn't need to be an "enterprise" system, its only for my
> home machine.
>
> I want to keep track over time, how my system is loaded over
> time and "releases".
>
> Basically I want to be able to track most of vmstat output.
> Additionally network load and something like temperature.
>
> Is there something like this available that does this already
> in a nicely manner with good overview ... ?
>
> I remember, that I found such a beast, but I can't remember the
> name of the software. I looked today at several ports but didnt
> find something like that.
>
> Something like cacti, but maybe already more pre-configured for
> system performance monitoring.
>

> 	Andreas ///
>
> --
> Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 6
> Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/

Why don't you use MRTG this is the classical way :-) http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/
And with RDD it would be RDD-MRTG http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/mrtg-rrd/

I thing nagios is a bit to big for you (<- Mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schiessen ;-)
Also there is a nice Tool named Cacti. But for me mrtg is the one to chose

Regards,

Ekki Gehm

Ekkehard Gehm           *       mailto:gehm at physik.tu-berlin.de
TU Berlin Fakultät II   *       http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de
PC-Pool Tutor           *       PGP-Key: http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~gehm/pubkey.asc

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Microsoft:      "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:          "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
FreeBSD:        "Are you guys coming or what?"