Email server recommendation

Richard McNeilly richardm at grenadianone.com
Wed May 9 15:04:26 UTC 2007

I am trying to plan a ISP deployment using FreeBSD.  I am more familiar
with Linux but during my research, it's been pointed out that FreeBSD is
the more stable and reliable choice for an ISP.  Especially as an email
server.

What is the best way to manage the addition of new users to the email
server?  local users or is there a database solution.  Also is there a
software package available to easily administer email accounts or does
it all have to be done with custom scripts.

I would welcome any suggestions of anecdotes of experience.

Regards,
Richard