SATA Raid Controlller replacement card...

Freddie Cash fcash at ocis.net
Tue Jan 16 23:42:11 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 03:11 pm, Jan Knepper wrote:
> Søren, Freddie, thanks for the response...
> Any suggestions on an affordable SATA Raid Card?

I don't know about affordable, but we've had excellent success with the
3Ware 7000-series, 9000-series, and 9500-series PATA and SATA RAID
controllers.  4-port and 12-port.  The 7000-series uses the twe(4) driver
and is support in FreeBSD 5+, and the 9000/9500-series uses the twa(4)
driver, with support in FreeBSD 6+.  The 3dm2 web management tool is
among the best I've seen so far.

Areca cards are also very good.

Don't know anything about lower-end, non-server RAID controllers, though.
At home I just use PCI-based IDE controllers and gmirror.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fcash at ocis.net