SATA Raid Controlller replacement card...

Jan Knepper jan at digitaldaemon.com
Tue Jan 16 21:18:44 UTC 2007

Currently using the SiI 3114 SATA150 controller on the motherboard
(Tyan2885).
2 *the same* SATA drives are attached, but not running SATA-RAID at the
moment.

Since I understand that this card does not really provide the RAID
itself (and also does not seem as table as preferred on FreeBSD) I am
wondering/considering obtaining a RAID card that does and possibly
disabling the SiI 314 on the motherboard.

However, the question is can that be done without having to reinstall?
(I seem to recall that I can not just move SCSI drives from one
interface to an interface of an other brand).

Thanks!
Jan